Just like everyone else, winter weather often makes our average day a lot more difficult. To help make things more efficient for both you and our drivers, we have put together a list of tips to ensure you get the best possible service from us during these times of extreme weather.
1. Make sure the garbage can isn’t blocked by any vehicles.
2. Routes change all the time, so be sure to have your garbage out early that morning or even the night before.
3. Make sure your garbage isn’t trapped in a snowbank. When shoveling your drive, take a few extra minutes to clear out a spot where you can place your cans. If you have a snow removal service, ask them to clear a place to put your cans. Most companies will do this at no extra charge.
4. Ensure your garbage is within two feet of the curb and five feet away from a solid structure like a mailbox.
5. Many of your carts are picked up with an automated truck. Carts must be facing the right way for them to be dumped properly. Please have the wheels of the cart facing away from the street.
6. If you have white garbage bags, be sure to put them in a noticeable position next to the can. Our employees have a hard time seeing them amidst the snow.
7. When we have extreme weather, it affects both our employees and our trucks. When those days come, be patient with us as we are doing our very best to give you the best possible service.